The mission of the Wellness Center is to provide services that improve the emotional health and overall well-being of the University’s students. A holistic, culturally-sensitive approach is taken, emphasizing physical, social, and emotional well-being.
- Individual Counseling
- Support Groups
- Outreach Programs
大发体育appCounseling is available at no additional cost to students who are currently enrolled at UWest.
During a time of need, talking to someone who is objective can be extremely helpful. UWest’s counseling services are safe, nonjudgmental and private.
During your first visit, a state-trained & registered mental health professional will listen to your concerns and help you explore your options. Our goal is to help you achieve and maintain personal well-being so that you can continue to focus on your academic journey.
How to Schedule Appointments
To schedule an appointment, contact our staff below:
April Afoa, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist #45284
Telephone: (626) 677-3325 or (626) 677-3344
Spring 2020 Hours:
- Monday 11:00am-3:30pm
- Wednesday 11:00am-3:30pm
- Thursday 11:00am-3:30pm
大发体育appThe Wellness Center keeps a list of referrals and resources for students regarding various mental health issues/crisis. If you are in contact with a student that may be in psychiatric crisis and may need immediate attention here are resources to contact:
- 911 – for immediate life-threatening medical/psychiatric emergencies
- Los Angeles County Mental Health/Crisis Line – 1 (800) 854-7771
- BHC Alhambra Hospital – (626) 286-1191 (24 hours a day and 7 days a week confidential assessments with a counselor by telephone are available at no cost. Free face to face assessments for inpatient/outpatient services are available by appointment, please call 1 (800) 235-5570)
- Suicide Prevention Crisis Center – (310) 391-1253
- Assaults Against Women Hotline – (310) 392-8381