International Student Services
The Office of International Student Services serves the individual needs of international (F-1) students attending UWest, including helping students adapt to their new environment and serving as a liaison between international students and campus and community groups. We want to ensure that you make a smooth and painless transition, academically and personally, to attending school in America.
Our office acts as the primary resource in issuing I-20’s and official documents required by foreign governments as well as providing updates to ever-changing immigration regulations.
Your Responsibilities as an F-1 Student:
- Be aware of your status and know the facts.
- Attend the university or college whose name appears on the I-20. In case you decide to attend another college or university, you should contact the International Student Advisor of that college or university and inform him/her of your situation.
- Study full-time. This means you must register in and attend a minimum of 12 units per semester as an undergraduate student, 9 units per semester as a graduate student, and 20 hours per week as an ESL student.
- Inform the International Student Advisor of your arrival and attendance at UWest.
- Refrain from working off-campus without USCIS authorization.
- Keep the International Student Advisor and the Registrar’s Office informed of your latest address, email address and phone number